Mold is common and is a big problem for houses. This grows everywhere and makes health issues. It is often seen in the sink, basements, curtains, shower places, leaky walls, corners…
Experts said even Christmas trees make mold and make millions spores, thus you get winter allergies and asthma. After 2 weeks, the indoor air gets 6 times worse.
There are over 1000 types and they are:
- Allergenic mold- not so hazardous, but make allergies in kids. They make asthma signs worse.
- Pathogenic mold- this makes infections and are bad for immunity too. They even cause bacterial pneumonia too
- Toxigenic mold- these make mycotoxins, immunosuppression and even cancer. This is done when inhaled, ingested or touched.
Dr. Mercola said the 5 common molds are:
- Aspergillus- in house dust, in warm and damp climates. This makes mycotoxins and lung issues
- Penicillium – on carpet, wallpaper, fabrics that decay, fiberglass insulation, this makes asthma and allergy. Also some species like the antibiotic penicillin cure make this toxin.
- Cladosporium- outdoor fungus on wood, textiles, damp and porous areas, this makes fever and asthma
- Stachybotrys- toxic and black mold which makes mycotoxins that make health issues, breathing issues, bleedings in lungs. Also this is seen in wood and paper, never on tiles, concrete or linoleum.
- Alternaria- in nose, mouth, upper respiration tract and makes allergies.
Mold allergy is most commonly seen from mold exposure, and makes illnesses even with no allergy. Also mold makes infections since is toxic irritant. Mold infections make flu signs and skin issues even pneumonia.
This toxicity is Chronic inflammatory response syndrome CIRS.
MD Ritchie Shoemaker, Survivng Mold author of Surviving Mold (life in the era of dangerous buildings) said that the acute CIRS after exposure in water-damaged buildings and toxins, still not limited to bacteria, fungi, actinomycetes, mycobacterium and inflammagens.
The 11 commons signs of CIRS
- Eye issues and light sensitivity
- Tremor and vertigo
- Night sweats and temperature issues
- Fatigue and weakness
- Thirst and urination more often
- Foggy brain, headaches, memory issues, no focus
- Numbness and tingling
- Muscle cramps and pain, joint pains, nerve pain
- Sinus issues and asthma
- Short breaths
- Bad digestion, nausea, diarrhea, no appetite, belly pain
The video shows tips on preventing the mold effects.
Source and image source: healthyfoodhouse.com